It's Happening Here!
The present continuous verb tense indicates that an action or condition is happening now, frequently, and may continue into the future.
The Present Continuous Formula: to be [am, is, are] + verb [ing]
Example: Aunt Christine is warming up the car while Scott looks for his new leather coat.
They are eating at Scott’s favorite restaurant today, Polly’s Pancake Diner.
The present continuous (present progressive) tense is a way to convey any action or condition that is happening right now, frequently, and may be ongoing. It adds energy and action to writing, and its effect helps readers understand when the action is happening.
I am working
You are working
He is working
She is working
It is working
We are working
You are working
They are working
Watch this video:
Activity
Choose the correct form of the Present Continuous!
- He is sleep.
- He sleeping.
- He’s sleeping.
- They is eating.
- They are eating.
- They eating.
- She is listen to music.
- She’s listening to music.
- She listening to music.
- They’re writing.
- They are write.
- They writing.
- It is flying.
- It are flying.
- It flying.
- She is play.
- She playing.
- She is playing.
- He’s watching TV.
- He are watching TV.
- He are watch TV.
- She swimming.
- She is swim.
- She is swimming.
- It are closing.
- It is closing.
- It closing.
- I’m running.
- I is running.
- I are running.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dStYROUOe4RZ3_exLdVMV8fV_v73bL8U/view?usp=sharing