1. Meet George. Let’s read about his everyday routine:
My name is George, and I’m a school teacher. I teach children who are in grade one. This means my students are five or six years old. Every day, I wake up early, take a shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast. I usually arrive at work around 7 AM.
Class begins at 8 AM. At 10 AM, we take a break for fifteen minutes. At 12 PM, we stop for lunch. I usually eat lunch by myself in the teachers’ room. We continue class at 1 PM. We finish the day at 3 PM. I usually go home at around 4 o’clock.
After school, I occasionally drive to the store to get some food for the evening’s dinner. When I get home, I change my clothes and go for a run for about 30 minutes. After, I make dinner with my wife. We sometimes watch a movie or TV. I often check students’ classwork before I go to bed at night.
It’s a busy life. I like it, but I work a lot. I need a vacation.
2. List the actions from the table in the correct order according to the text:
start class
|
eat dinner
|
eat breakfast
|
spend time with wife
|
exercise
|
take a break
|
eat lunch
|
get up
|
go shopping
|
go to work
|
take a shower
|
go home
|
1. get up
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
3. Answer the comprehension questions below with complete sentences:
a. What time do you think George wakes up?
b. How long is George at work every day?
c. How long is class every day?
d. Does he buy food at the store every day?
4. Rewrite the text. Change it from the first person (I, we) to the third person (he, they):
I’m George. I’m a school teacher. I teach children who are in grade one. This means my students are five or six years old. Every day, I wake up early, take a shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast. I usually arrive at work around 7 AM.
This is George. He’s a school teacher.
|
Class begins at 8 AM. At 10 AM, we take a break for fifteen minutes. At 12 PM, we stop for lunch. I usually eat lunch by myself in the teachers’ room. We continue class at 1 PM. We finish the day at 3 PM.
After school, I occasionally drive to the store to get some food for the evening’s dinner. When I get home, I change my clothes and go for a run for about 30 minutes. After, I make dinner with my wife. We sometimes watch a movie or TV. I often check students’ classwork before I go to bed at night.
It’s a busy life. I like it, but I work a lot. I need a vacation.