Clothes and Accessories!
Goal: Students will practice vocabulary.
Some of the vocabulary will seem familiar to you,
In this video you will see a lot more vocabulary!
In this video you will see a lot more vocabulary!
Now pay attention to this role play:
Naturally Speaking
DOES IT FIT?
| It's too big. | It's too small. |
| It's too loose. | It's too tight. |
| It's too long. | It's too short. |
Dialogue
It's Saturday and Mrs Smith has gone shopping with her friend Lucy for a new dress in the sales:-
| Mrs Smith: | Well Lucy, what do you think? |
| Lucy: | Mmm, it's nice, but I think you need a slightly bigger size. The top is gaping. |
| Mrs Smith: |
I think this is the only one. I'd better ask an assistant.
Excuse me? Do you have this in a size 14?
|
| Shop assistant: | I'm afraid everything in the sale is out on display. |
| Mrs Smith: | Oh dear, it's just a bit too tight. |
| Shop assistant: | I think we have a size 14 in red. |
| Mrs Smith: | Oh no. Red's just not my colour. |
| Shop assistant: | It's not bright red, it's a nice dark red. Here it is. Why don't you try it on? There's a changing room free over there. |
| Later... | |
| Mrs Smith: | It fits like a glove. What do you think Lucy? |
| Lucy: | It looks really nice. I guess red suits you after all. |
Practice the dialogue with a partner, and then write another one. You will pass to the front of the classroom and act it out!